We are looking for world-class talent to join a crack team of engineers, product managers and designers. We want people who are passionate about creating software that makes a difference to the world. We like people who are brimming with ideas and who take initiative rather than wait to be told what to do. We prize team-first mentality, personal responsibility and tenacity to solve hard problems and meet deadlines. As part of a small and lean team, you will have a very direct impact on the success of the company.
As a data engineer you will:
● Design, develop and maintain an infrastructure for streaming, processing and storage of data. Build tools for effective maintenance and monitoring of the data infrastructure.
● Contribute to key data pipeline architecture decisions and lead the implementation of major initiatives.
● Work closely with stakeholders to develop scalable and performant solutions for their data requirements, including extraction, transformation and loading of data from a range of data sources.
● Develop the team’s data capabilities - share knowledge, enforce best practices and encourage data-driven decisions.
● Develop data retention policies, backup strategies and ensure that the firm’s data is stored redundantly and securely.
● Solid Computer Science fundamentals, excellent problem-solving skills and a strong understanding of distributed computing principles.
● At least 3 years of experience in a similar role, with a proven track record of building scalable and performant data infrastructure.
● Expert SQL knowledge and deep experience working with relational and NoSQL databases.
● Advanced knowledge of Apache Kafka and demonstrated proficiency in Hadoop v2, HDFS, and MapReduce.
● Experience with stream-processing systems (e.g. Storm, Spark Streaming), big data querying tools (e.g. Pig, Hive, Spark) and data serialization frameworks (e.g. Protobuf, Thrift, Avro).
● Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field from a top university.
● Able to work within the GMT+8 time zone
What we offer
● An exciting and passionate working environment within a young and fast-growing company
● The opportunity to work with a high performing team
● A competitive salary package
● The ability to work from anywhere in the world (assuming a stable internet connection)
● The chance of being a fundamental part of the team and make a difference
What will the process look like?
● Application: you will submit an online application form, which will take you less than 10 mins to complete
● Test: you will take a 75 min online test
● Interview: there will be 2 rounds of interview