Remote Scala Engineer - JF144
Salary: up to $3600
Working location: Remote
- Hands-on developer who writes high quality, clean and maintainable code that is modular, functional and testable.
- Take ownership and rapidly iterate while collaborating actively as part of a small and talented team.
- Lead the design, implementation, and delivery for engineering efforts across a program.
- Create or introduce, test, and deploy new technology to optimize the service.
- Actively provide constructive feedback to other developers through code reviews or different channels
- Experience with Scala. This will be your bread and butter. If you don’t have any Scala experience, we value other things like Kotlin or Java and a willingness for you to move to Scala.
- Experience with webapp frameworks such as Play.
- Experience building REST APIs.
- Working knowledge of relational databases such as Postgres/MySQL.
- Experience with micro-service design.
- Desire to work for an early stage startup and contribute at a high level.
- Experience designing scalable fault tolerant platforms that are resilient to infrastructure failures.
- Have good verbal communication skills in English
- Experience with other languages like Python. But any other would give you points as well.
- Experience working in an Agile environment. A real one, not Corporate Agile, Agilefall, Fragile, or any other of those bastardized versions of Agile.
- Test driven design. We don’t really follow it here, but we lack a lot of testing (even unitary) and we are trying to solve that. So someone who thinks about tests first would be a great addition
- Salary: Up to $3600
- Laptop provided
- Full remote work.
- A solid tech team. We make sure that when we hire someone, the person is a good technical and cultural match.
- Flexible working hours.
- Ownership and responsibility.
- Teamwork, open communication, and respect for one another.
- Continuous learning and improvement.
- Email: email@example.com
- Hotline: 0973.572.008