We are looking for world-class talent to join a crack team of engineers, product managers and designers. We want people who are passionate about creating software that makes a difference to the world. We like people who are brimming with ideas and who take initiative rather than wait to be told what to do. We prize team-first mentality, personal responsibility and tenacity to solve hard problems and meet deadlines. As part of a small and lean team, you will have a very direct impact on the success of the company.
As a Solution Architect this is what you’ll do:
● Lead solution-driven discussion for Digital and Data Products
● This role will include preparation of product architecture deliverables based upon product architecture standards, creating conceptual product Architecture views, current state gap analysis and target state product architecture views
● Understand and evaluate existing and future state product objectives and ensure target state architecture alignment is cognizant of the Digital and Data business capability needs
● Create product architecture models demonstrating how products, operations and systems interoperate within the organization
●Conduct analysis to determine the best path for solving business problems/opportunities that may include process improvement, systems enhancement, user training, and/or software procuremen
● Ensure solutions developed across the organization are aligned to architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet financial targets (cost and benefits)
● Provide overall direction, guidance and definition of product architecture to effectively support business strategy
●Review, analyse, and evaluate ideas, projects and opportunities to develop new products, new technologies and business models for various business segments
●Assess business and technical functionality to support build, buy, or partner decisions
● Provide professionally designed solutions based on requirement analysis.
● Ensure a swift and smooth delivery of agreed services.
● Collaborate with Product Management to translate technical objectives/deliverables to a project plan.
● Translation of functional and non-functional requirements into a solution design document.
● Technical sign off on the implementation project to ensure that work done confers to best practices and delivers on functionality
● Apply and utilize business modelling methods to ensure results oriented deliverables in a way that can be recreated and used as a corporate knowledge resource available to project level initiatives and executive decision making
● Act as a subject matter expert in the development of product architecture framework development, tool suite selection and design and methodology development
●Coaching and mentoring engineers in architecture best practices
● Operate in a collaborative manner by guiding technical discussions to help reach a consensus; once a decision is made, clearly communicates and backs that decision
●Regularly present the latest architectural decisions and direction via documentation and presentations to the rest of the Product Development team
● Guide software development and quality engineering team to rigorously improve inline service scalability, performance and robustness;
● Develop new product or feature prototypes for proof of concept (POC);
● Take hands-on development tasks on strategically important projects;
● Establish best practice across multiple engineering teams;
● Solid Computer Science fundamentals, excellent problem-solving skills.
● Experience architecting, or operating -based applications or infrastructures with building at least one well-known successful product, ideally from inception to deployment;
● Combined experience of product development and architecture/design.
● Experience as a Full Stack developer with hands on experience in Technologies such as NodeJS, ReactJS, NextJS, Typescript, Golang, Python, Java, Kotlin, Android, Graphql, Elasticsearch, Redis, Distributed Computing
● Must have true startup spirit and be willing to wear multiple hats, including hands-on prototyping, architecture and software development work. Must be an strong advocate of leading by example
● Experience in a software design and architecture role, ideally in a SaaS based product organisation
● Experience communicating architecture direction and decisions through presentations and clear architectural diagrams to engineering / product group
● Previous career track of progressive growth from software engineer, technical leader to software architect, with thorough hands-on development experience. Strong advocate of test-driven development methodology.
● Sound knowledge of various operating systems and databases.
● Experience in customer journey mapping, product roadmaps, competitive analysis ,and product architecture.
● A solid understanding of industry-wide technology strategies and best practices.
● Experience solving challenging business problems with innovative enterprise solutions aligning business needs to IT capabilities.
● Experience with business analysis and process impact analysis.
● Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
● Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations
● Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
● Strong collaboration, communication and negotiation skills.
● Additional skills: agile methodologies, dynamic presentation, influencing and negotiating.
● Experience with AI/ML/eCommerce/Digital Health/Marketplaces/Blockchain
● Experience with migrating workloads onto the cloud
● Technical expert of at least 3 of these domains: HTTP and SSL Proxy, Security Web Gateway, Cloud Access Security Broker, Next-Generation Firewall, Intrusion Prevention System, Server Load Balancing, Virtual Private Networks, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Kubernetes, VM and Container Networking;
● Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field from a top university.
● Able to work within the GMT+8 time zone
What we offer
● An exciting and passionate working environment within a young and fast-growing company
● The opportunity to work with a high performing team
● A competitive salary package
● The ability to work from anywhere in the world (assuming a stable internet connection)
● The chance of being a fundamental part of the team and make a difference
What will the process look like?
● Application: you will submit an online application form, which will take you less than 10 mins to complete
● Test: you will take a 45 min online test
● Interview: there will be 1-2 rounds of interviews